Book vs. Text vs. Cover

November 18, 2008 | 1comment | Printing

Book, Text and Cover are names referring to the kind of paper used in a printing job. Most commonly, you’ll hear terms like ‘100lb Gloss Book’, ’80lb Gloss Text’ or ‘130lb Gloss Cover’.

Text and Book are essentially the same paper. It depends on who you talk to. This type of paper stock is typically used for brochures, flyers and posters, which has the thickness of a regular piece of paper, generally speaking.

Cover is a thicker paper stock that verges on the thickness of cardstock. Cover, as its name would suggest, can be used for the outside cover of pamphlets and booklets, as well as postcards and business cards.



ProjectCenter is a single-source service company providing marketing and document solutions to small, medium and large-sized businesses in the U.S. area. ProjectCenter is based in Phoenix, Arizona and its services include graphic design, web design, printing, copying, scanning and mailing. For more information, please call (602) 252-6655 or visit


There is one comment for this post.

  1. on January 4, 2018 9:16 am

    Excellent items from you, man. I have be mindful your stuff prior to and you are just extremely
    excellent. I really like what you have obtained here, certainly like what you’re saying and
    the way wherein you are saying it. You’re making it entertaining and you continue to care
    for to stay it wise. I cant wait to read much more from you.

    That is actually a tremendous web site.

Write a Comment